Friday, August 26, 2011

A day on Bainbridge Island

Today, we had a fabulous outing to Bainbridge Island! The kids love the ferries, so I thought it would be fun to go over there for lunch. The ferry leaves downtown Seattle and is about a 30-minute ride over to Bainbridge. We walked into the little town near the ferry dock and had a delightful lunch outside at the Streamliner Diner. I sat next to an older couple who happened to be from Minneapolis, so I ended up having a lovely conversation with them while we ate!
The kids were super well-behaved, which earned them a trip to Mora's ice cream shop afterwards! YUMMY ice cream, I have to say!
It was over 80 degrees today, and a fabulous day to be out on the water. I cannot say enough how much I am treasuring these days with my precious kids. This summer has been delightful, in a million different ways. We have done a lot of wonderful activities that we will all remember. I thank the Lord every day for how wonderful my three kids are! Today was such a treat!!

The Olympic Mountains... without snow...

The favorite activity of the day: Watching cars drive onto the ferry...



We ate lunch outside where Drew watched the traffic go by the whole time. Twice he said to me, "I couldn't be happier." Hilarious.



"Sailboats, Mommy!"







No comments: