The life verse we chose for Greta is from Ephesians 1:17-19. It reads "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation, that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe." (I have a video of the whole dedication, which I will post later, but here are a few pics.)
Friday, July 16, 2010
Greta's Baby Dedication
On Sunday, July 11th, just 3 days before her first birthday, Greta had her Baby Dedication at our church. While we do support infant baptism, we have decided that we want our kids to be baptized in a few years, when they have a better understanding of Jesus and having faith in Him. So, we decided to have Greta dedicated at our church, which includes reading her "life verse" to the audience, and then having a prayer over her. It was very special to have it this past weekend because we had three families in our extended family here, so we felt very suppported.
The life verse we chose for Greta is from Ephesians 1:17-19. It reads "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation, that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe." (I have a video of the whole dedication, which I will post later, but here are a few pics.)


The life verse we chose for Greta is from Ephesians 1:17-19. It reads "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation, that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe." (I have a video of the whole dedication, which I will post later, but here are a few pics.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment