I titled this blog post Sick, Sick, Sick... one for each of my three children. They are all SOOO sick! We have been ransacked my a horrible bout of the flu - and the kids have all been puking, enduring fevers, and lots of other stuff. It has not been fun!
Drew got the sickness on Friday, and puked for about 15 hours off and on. Then Saturday he had a fever all day, and then Sunday, it turned into other yucky stuff, coming out the other end! Last night about 2am and 4am, Hailey woke up puking, and then has puked about 6-7 times since then. Oh, and then Greta did an enormous puke fountain all over me this afternoon. We are not happy! I think I have done about 10 loads of laundry in the last 3 days, just from this sickness. I have washed bed linens, crib bumpers, blankets, stuffed animals, changing pads, tons of pjs and clothes!
Here is a snippet of 3-4pm today, my "worst hour of motherhood," which is what it shall be called from this point forward:
- Hailey wakes from sleeping. Pukes everywhere in living room. High fever. Put her in the shower to wash off.
- Start to give Greta a bottle. Two minutes later, she pukes an enormous amount all over me, the couch, the carpet, etc. Put her in the bath to wash off. My clothes are soaked, so I change.
- Go back to living room to check on Hailey, who is now clean. She starts screaming and crying, and I grab her and run to the sink. Too late, she pukes the whole way across the living room. Big crying spell. Put her back in the shower.
- Drew wakes up. He says "mommy, my shirt is dirty." Yes, he is right, as he has "brown stuff" from chest to knees. (sorry for the detail.) This is about the 4th-5th time this has happened! Put him in shower. He is not happy.
- Meanwhile, Hailey's puddle of puke in the kitchen floor is still there. Greta crawls right into it, and starts slipping, and then crying. Yes, this is right after her bath. She is soaked again. Clothing change. Greta starts to have fever.
- I finally send a text to Greg, asking him to come home right away.
- All three are finally clean and changed. Everyone is exhausted. I finally put the girls down for naps, again. They crash. Drew has calmed down.
- Right about now, Daddy arrives. I have a huge pile of laundry to tackle, and carpet to clean, and kitchen floor to mop, stains to get out of sofa... etc.
I am going to bed now. I am exhausted.
Please pray that this sickness leaves us! I am dreading the fact that Greg and I might be the next victims. Please pray this doesn't hit us! If the girls have the same pattern of this sickness that Drew had, then we have a lot of fever and runny diapers ahead of us - yuk!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praying for all of you. "Exorcist" levels of vomiting does not sound fun.
Post a Comment