This has been a totally brutal week, as this flu has ransacked our children... but we are on the mend. Andrew was the first to get this sickness, and as of today, he is about 90%. So that is great. The girls still have the "intestinal malfunctions" which include having ridiculously stinky and messy diapers. (oh, and leaky, too!) Two nights ago, Greta woke up at 2:30 am covered from head-to-toe in 'brown stuff.' And earlier that evening, Hailey puked in our bed. Yes, our bed. I had to wash the comforter, blankets, sheets, and mattress pad. It was a 3-laundry load puke! I have never done so much laundry in the middle of the night in my life as I have over the last 7 nights!
The other thing about this sickness is that it renders the victim completely exhausted. My kids are sleeping so so much. They have all taken two very long naps each day for the last week, and then are sleeping until 8am. Two days ago, Hailey slept 2.5 hours in the am, and then 4 hours in the afternoon. It was crazy, but I know that is what their little bodies need. They are also hardly eating.... not even a single goldfish cracker. They are refusing some of their favorite foods, which is just so bizarre. And they each went about 24-36 hours with eating literally nothing, so they have lost weight and energy from that.
The biggest blessing of the week is that Greg and I did not come down with this awful flu.... thank the Lord!
Today was the first day that we didn't have any crazy messy events happen, since we still had puke around here yesterday. But since the kids are so tired, they are also pretty cranky and needy. That has left us a bit tired from this whole thing. Can someone please return my three precious delightful kids?
I think that tomorrow we will begin to be mostly back to normal. Although I know that Hailey is still wiped out - she wanted to go to bed at 6pm tonight.. with no story, no song, ... just bed! Poor girl!
Thank you all for the emails and phone calls. We are grateful for the support this week!
Normally, we put the kids to bed at 7:30pm. When we tell them it is bedtime, they always exclaim, "But it's not 7:30 yet!!!" as though they could tell time, which is pretty funny. But the other morning, Hailey woke up, and then came into the kitchen and said, "Is it 7:30 yet? Can I go to bed now?" That shows you how tired we all are!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment