Friday, March 12, 2010

This week's activities...

Today I basically did a commercial for Oxy Clean laundry soap. That is to say... I made chocolate covered pretzels with A&H! Lemme tell ya... one must have a very high tolerance for being messy if one is going to take on an activity like that! We had a great time, and of course, the kids loved it. They were concentrating the whole time, and then sneaking licks and bites whenever possible. They dipped the pretzels in the melted chocolate, and then poured sprinkles on them; Hailey somehow got a hold of the sprinkles and dumped the whole container everywhere... eeek! After a load of laundry and some kitchen cleaner, we are all back to normal!









One activity I did two days ago was to make our own batch of play-doh. I found a great recipe online, and then made a double batch. I think it took about six minutes in total... so it was very easy. Now the kids have been rolling out the play-doh with a rolling pin, and then using cookie cutters to punch out shapes. This is a good activity, as they have been asking to do it again a few times a day...




Hailey and I went to our second "Little Farmers" class on Wednesday. This week we learned all about goats, which included feeding and brushing them. Here is our 'lil farmer in action...

No comments: