Thursday, February 18, 2010

Officially springtime in Seattle...

We are having a fabulously sunny week here in Seattle. It is supposed to be sunny and almost 60 degrees for the next several days... yipee! My daffodils are popping out, and the trees are starting to be in bloom! Today I decided to tackle the summer weather full-scale, so off to the beach we went. Here we are spending our late morning at Meydenbauer Beach Park on Lake Washington, a mere 2 miles from our house.

I haven't seen the kids this addicted to a place or activity in a while. They played with the sand pails and shovels all morning, and literally burst into tears when I told them it was time to go. They LOVED being there, and most of all, they really enjoyed the new experience of playing with sand; they played with it in every possible way (yes, even eating it.) Hailey said several times, "Mommy, I want to stay at the beach all day today." So cute.

I sat on a blanket with Greta, and even she loved it. We soaked up the warm sunshine, and had the whole place to ourselves. I left all of the beach toys in the car, and we are heading back with a full picnic lunch tomorrow!













As far as little Greta goes, she is way ahead on her development. It is kind of interesting how opposite life is with her compared to our twins, who were premature. (At her last doctor appt, she was over 17 pounds, at 75-90% for weight and height.) She is crawling full-speed everywhere, and is now interested in walking! She spends the whole day pulling herself up on anything she can, and she giggles with delight that she is standing up like the rest of us. I saw her take a step yesterday... so, I expect her to be walking when she is ~9 months or so, which would be quite early. She has Big Bro and Big Sis to chase!



2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so jealous of your nice weather and a sandy beach to play on! I can't believe how advanced Greta is! I've heard that kids learn so much from watching other kids, she doesn't know that she's a few years behind them and probably thinks it's pretty lame that she has to just lay around all day like a baby when her big bro and sis are running around playing! Go Greta! Raleigh's ahead of schedule, too, but probably not as much! She's teething, rolling over, and trying to sit up by herself! However, she's TINY! She's below the 5th percentile for height and weight!

Toby Getsch said...

Oh my goodness! That's right over by Meydenbauer Bay, a few blocks from where I used to live off 100th...

And yes, being back in Seattle now and starting Spring in February is absolutely splendid!