Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Mommy, you have happy hair!"

All of these conversations have happened today. Our kids are so funny!

1) We were driving in the car, and I rolled down my window, which made my hair blow around like crazy.
Hailey: "Mommy, your hair!"
Me: "What? is it scary?"
Hailey: "No, it's not scary, it's happy! Mommy, you have happy hair!"

2) Andrew is sometimes confused about how and when to use "you" and "me." So, occasionally he reverses things a little oddly. He hasn't quite figured out who says "thank you" and who says "you're welcome," so this is his way... he says both!:
Hailey: "Here you go, Buddy.." (what she calls him these days)
Andrew: "Thank you... I welcome!!!"

3) I was taking a quick walk with Hailey down the street this am before we left for church, as it was sunny out. We got to the end of the driveway, and Hailey said "Mommy!! You forgot your purse!"

4) I have been helping Drew learn how to drink water from a regular cup. He still dribbles and coughs a lot, because he doesn't yet have the hang of it. So, after practicing for a bit this am, I got myself a big glass of water and drank the whole thing at once. Drew watched me with big saucer eyes, and then when I set the glass down, he said "YOU ARE SO GOOD!!!" It was hilarious!

I did a blog post a while ago where I mentioned that the kids don't usually say the "S" sound if it is at the beginning of a word. (This is pretty normal for their age.) So, we have gotten used to understanding them, but sometimes what they say is so funny. These are a few from this week:

- While skipping down the sidewalk, Hailey yells "Kip, Andrew, 'Kip!"
- When I give Hailey a bunch of big squeezes in a row, she giggles and says "No more Queezes!"
- Hailey has a kitty cat she named "Lickety Split" but she calls her Lickety Plit

Kids are so funny!

No comments: