Friday, June 26, 2009

Random updates...

Okay, I thought I would do a quick post with a few random bits of news from our end.

1) I am 37 weeks preggers, as of yesterday. (A complete pregnancy is 40 weeks.) This is a BIG milestone from my perspective, because at 37 weeks, doctors consider a baby "full-term." Any baby born before that is premature, but any baby born after that is considered healthy enough to be full-term. So, YEA!! This means that Baby G is pretty much fully developed, although she will just continue to put on weight for the next 3 weeks. So, staying pregnant until June 25th has been my goal for months, and I am happy to say we made it!

2) I wanted to give a little praise to my husband, because he won a big award yesterday at Microsoft! It is called the "Great Performers, Great People" award, and only 30 people win this out of several thousand employees! He was voted by his peers to get this award, and then he also was voted by the executives above him to receive it. So, it is a fabulous pat-on-the-back for Greg, after how hard he works at Microsoft. He also gets a little spending bonus as part of it, which is fun. Way to go, hunny, we are so proud of you!

3) Okay, this is random, but we have finally put in a fully fenced backyard! It was about 80% fenced before, but didn't have the two sides closed. So, after calling lots of folks on Craigslist, I found a guy who did it cheaply for us in 2 days. Now I can let the twins "hike" in the backyard, which they love to do, and I don't have to worry that Drew will be running down to the street to watch cars! Oh, and we also just finished putting in a bunch of new drainage under our lawn, so that we no longer have gigantic mud puddles in our yard for the whole year. Finally.

The only other random news here is that Drew, Hailey and I are really sick. We have the worst colds, and there is a lot of snot in this house! Hailey took a 5 hour nap yesterday, while Drew slept in until 11am! As for me, I am trying to sleep as much as possible, but it isn't easy. Say a prayer we get through this quickly!

No comments: