Monday, June 22, 2009

A Boys' Weekend Away...

This past weekend, Greg was a happy man. Why? Well, because he got to leave all of his family duties and responsibilities behind, only to head into golf territory for 3 days with 10 of his college buddies. Sound fun? I don't think he could have had any more fun.

Details: (or as many as I was told...) :)
- The trip was in Whistler, a beautiful mountainous area in British Columbia.

- 10 college buddies, 3 rounds of golf on good courses.
- poker night, steak dinners, US Open golf on tv, gin and tonics
- most importantly, NO diapers to change, and no tiny mouths to feed
- one additional benefit for Greg: he got to use his new golf driver, which was his fathers' day gift from us. He loved it!

While Greg was putting on the greens, my only duty was to make sure I didn't go into labor. The good news is that I passed that! I was home with A&H by myself, and we had a good weekend together. The only problem was that the kids were both so sick! High fever, middle of the night waking, etc.... Yuk! So, we spent a very mellow time together, with long naps and lots of medicine. They finally rebounded, right before daddy got home (interesting timing on their part, thanks kids!) But they were both much more 'cuddly' with me for the weekend, so I soaked that up!!

Happy Fathers' Day, honey! We love you so much!




No comments: