Monday, July 14, 2014

Summer Activities

Well, like I did last summer, I have created a “Summer To Do List” for the kids and I to tackle over the summer weeks.  It is full of fun things that we all enjoy, and it gives them a chance to be part of the planning.   I have a fun time thinking of these many things, although it is a little daunting to wonder how we might get this all done in ten short weeks!  
So, we tackled several of the activities this past Saturday, when our cousin JJ was in town and spending the weekend with us.  It was 90 degrees, sunny, and a perfect day to hit the tourist sights in our own lovely Seattle.


IMG_3401
Here we are at Pike Place Market….. where we visited the Gum Wall, only a block away.  YUM!
IMG_5287IMG_5293 IMG_5297
IMG_5303
IMG_5309IMG_5313
IMG_5301 IMG_5316
Then we visited Fremont, which has the crazy Fremont Troll under the big bridge.  The kids LOVED playing and climbing on this odd structure.  They asked to have a picnic here someday.  Um… well….okay?


IMG_5328IMG_5340IMG_5338
Then we went to nearby Gasworks Park, which sits adjacent to Lake Union.  We loved watching the sea planes come and go, plus all of the many people out on such a hot day.  (I really want a boat!  Hunny?)
IMG_5348IMG_5345
IMG_5351 IMG_5354IMG_5355IMG_5362IMG_5377 IMG_5381
IMG_5373 IMG_5375
We ended the day by visiting our favorite ice cream shop in Seattle:  Molly Moon’s.   We love their salted caramel ice cream!
IMG_3515
IMG_3506
Sunday morning we got up and picked blueberries at the Overlake Blueberry Farm, only a mile from us.  We hit a good crop and had fun doing this before it got too hot….    Wish us luck checking off the rest of our Summer List!
IMG_3529

No comments: