I also finally got to ride the Peak 2 Peak Gondola for the first time. It is a relatively new gondola that connects the top of Whistler peak to the top of Blackcomb peak. It is the longest unsupported span gondola in the world, and at its highest point it is 1400 feet above ground! Eek! (Dad - this is not for you!) It is a huge benefit to skiers who want to ski on each of the two mountains in the same day, since it only takes 11 minutes to cross in the Peak 2 Peak. You can see pics of it below. It is truly an engineering marvel.
So, I did about an hour of hiking at the top of Whistler, and a longer ridge hike on Blackcomb, where I got to see lots of great glacier and peak views. It was 82 and sunny, and this mama couldn't have been happier!!
No comments:
Post a Comment