The kids loved the chalk, and had a great time with it, drawing all over everything (Um, sorry, honey). But, as they saw me shoveling mulch and distributing it in the beds, they decided that was more fun. So, I grabbed two small garden shovels, and next thing you know, we were all gardeners. They were SO loving the mulch - mostly because they were shocked that mommy was letting them play in the dirt so freely. Aside from a little sidewalk chalk on the house, a few small piles of mulch in the grass, and a shovelful of mulch down Hailey's back, we had a great time!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Sidewalk Chalk and Mulch...
I love mulch! It makes the yard look so great,... and it temporarily covers up those ugly weeds! So, I had a big pile of it delivered yesterday, and have been itching to get it out since then. So, when Greta went down for her morning nap, I had to think of a creative way that I could have the twins outside where they would be somewhat occupied. And then a great idea hit me... the sidewalk chalk! Mimi Kate and Grandpa Kirby gave us some for Xmas, and so today was the day to break it out.
The kids loved the chalk, and had a great time with it, drawing all over everything (Um, sorry, honey). But, as they saw me shoveling mulch and distributing it in the beds, they decided that was more fun. So, I grabbed two small garden shovels, and next thing you know, we were all gardeners. They were SO loving the mulch - mostly because they were shocked that mommy was letting them play in the dirt so freely. Aside from a little sidewalk chalk on the house, a few small piles of mulch in the grass, and a shovelful of mulch down Hailey's back, we had a great time!


The kids loved the chalk, and had a great time with it, drawing all over everything (Um, sorry, honey). But, as they saw me shoveling mulch and distributing it in the beds, they decided that was more fun. So, I grabbed two small garden shovels, and next thing you know, we were all gardeners. They were SO loving the mulch - mostly because they were shocked that mommy was letting them play in the dirt so freely. Aside from a little sidewalk chalk on the house, a few small piles of mulch in the grass, and a shovelful of mulch down Hailey's back, we had a great time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment