I try to always have a morning activity with the kids outside the home, just to keep them learning, growing, active, etc. I work so hard to find new activities, adventures, and places to go. (If anyone in Seattle has good recos, please pass 'em on!)
Anyway, here is an example of some of the things I do with the kids on the weekdays:
- One day this week we went to the Bounce House, which is a huge gym full of inflatable thingys. The kids jumped around for 1.5 hours.
- Today we went to an arts-and-craft activity time at the mall. I have to say it was a little lame, so we left early, and instead found a merry-go-round to ride, and then a pet store to visit. They are so addicted to pet stores, and they love seeing the snakes, guinea pigs, fish, birds, etc. (I highly recommend Petco as a free outing for kids!)
- I try to take them for walk or to a park every day I can. I am literally trying to visit all 40 parks in Bellevue. I just discovered a new one pictured below that is my new favorite, called Robbinswood Park. This one has a great "duck pond" that the kids adore. Today we watched the ducks forever. When I told the kids we were going to the 'duck pond park,' Hailey said "We're coming to see you, Duck Pond!"
- I also have been taking the kids to the Library reading and singing hour every Tuesday. They enjoy learning new songs, and it is good stimulation for them.
Now that the cooler, wet weather is heading our way for the winter, I need all of the indoor activities I can find! I have a whole network of stay-at-home moms, and we are always sharing ideas and meeting for playdates. Thank goodness! But hey, if you have any ideas on how to keep two 2-year olds occupied, lemme know!
Our new favorite park, Robbinswood park:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is inspiring! Sometimes I feel like we have too much stuff going on, but this is the kind of stuff we should be doing.
Post a Comment