Yesterday I found a great trail that goes alongside the Chekamus River, just outside Whistler. I ran along the west side of the river up a small valley, then crossed a cool suspension bridge which was about 100 feet over the water, then ran back down the east side of the river. It was a cloudy rainy day, but that made it even more fun. :) Here are some pics along the hike, including the bridge.
Monday, September 7, 2009
Chekamus River trail run
While we have been in Whistler this last 10 days, I have been able to get in three trail runs all by myself. It has been wonderful, since hiking is one of my favorite activities. And it is somewhat of a special bonus to get a bit of time to myself, since the last two months has been busy with the new baby.
Yesterday I found a great trail that goes alongside the Chekamus River, just outside Whistler. I ran along the west side of the river up a small valley, then crossed a cool suspension bridge which was about 100 feet over the water, then ran back down the east side of the river. It was a cloudy rainy day, but that made it even more fun. :) Here are some pics along the hike, including the bridge.



Yesterday I found a great trail that goes alongside the Chekamus River, just outside Whistler. I ran along the west side of the river up a small valley, then crossed a cool suspension bridge which was about 100 feet over the water, then ran back down the east side of the river. It was a cloudy rainy day, but that made it even more fun. :) Here are some pics along the hike, including the bridge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment