Monday, September 7, 2009

Back in Canada, eh?

We are back in Whistler, British Columbia.... this time for a two-week stay. This is the tail end of Greg's paternity leave, so we decided to stay up here at our place for as long as we could. It is very fun to be here for so long!

The first week here, however, was a bit wraught with sickness. Hailey had a bad ear infection, which lead us to the Whistler Health Centre. Then Greta managed to get the same ear infection a day later... (oh, and an infant ear infection in the middle of the night is NOT fun!) Ugh! Greg was also sick for a few days, and we had lots of runny noses in the house. Luckily for me, I managed to escape it all! A rarity, since I am usually the first to catch a cold!

Now that we are into the second week, we are all healthy, and having a great time. My mom is here for the week, and that has given us quite a bit of freedom (thanks, mom!) Greg and I have been on a spectacular bike ride, have hit golf balls, have been out to dinner a few times, and even hit the pub late one night to watch the Washington Husky football game. I have been on a few hikes, and we are enjoying the fun summer here. Our favorite activity, however, is shopping in Whistler! Nana and I are teaching Hailey and Greta how to shop.... something every girl has got to know how to do!

Breakfast with the twins:


Me, Nana, and Greta - three generations of ladies!



Baby Greta is eight weeks old now... and sleeping 7 hour stretches at night. Good girl!



Hailey has loved doing "activities" with Nana... including the new Elmo sticker book!


The kids love the bath here. This is a funny pic of them playing with their new bath toys..

No comments: