Friday, May 15, 2009

Drew's Big Adventure...

The first week of May, Andrew and I took a very special trip to visit my family in Minnesota!! It was fantastic! As many of you know, I finished my job at RealNetworks the first of April, and I am now officially a stay-at-home mom. Yea! So, because I had some free time, I wanted to head back to my hometown to see all of my family there, before baby #3 arrives on the scene.


So, Greg stayed home with Hailey and they had a delightful time. Drew and I got to fly in a big plane (which he loved!) and I treasured the time with my parents and family. It was so interesting to have the twins apart; we thought they would hate it, but they loved it! They were so delighted to have FULL attention, with no sibling to get in the way. I don't think Drew cried the whole 5 days we were gone!


Here is Andrew fascinated with the airplane, the wing, the luggage carts, the lights, cars on the road, etc. I couldn't get him to move from this position for the first 45 minutes we were on the plane!




We stayed at my mom and stepdad Charlie's house - they gave him the 'royal spoil treatment!'




Out to dinner, with his new golf hat from Charlie.. and his car, of course!




While we were there, my mom had a brunch with several of our family friends, so that I could see everyone, and Nana could 'show off' Andrew...

Andrew was obsessed with the fake dog at their house - he petted it and 'rode' it every time he passed by...


At the local park...



We also spent a lot of time at my Dad and stepmom Katie's house. Here is Drew on a "hike" in Katie's backyard garden.


We had a big BBQ at my dad's house one night, so that I could see my aunt/uncle/cousins/stepsiblings... it was great. Matt and Robyn brought their two weiner dogs, and Andrew was in heaven playing with them! Finally, a dog that was just the right size!




We had the BEST time! But we sure missed Sister and Dada!

No comments: