I went to Young Life's Malibu camp, which is on the coastline of British Columbia, about 8 hours north of here. I went to a 4 day women's retreat with a few of my girlfriends and we had a wonderful time. We hiked, swam, did water sports, did the zip line, watched hilarious skits, played games, and listened to a great speaker. The best part of it was that I laughed so much - everything we did was just so much fun. Oh, and the food was so delish! What a treat to sit down to a gourmet meal in the dining hall... not having to plan the meal, cook it, clean up after it, etc! We loved it!
Young Life is an amazing Christian organization that focuses on sharing the gospel message with teenagers. So, many schools in the Seattle area have Young Life clubs that send kids to this camp in the summer. I have always loved Young Life, and Malibu is an amazing place to be. There are steep rugged mountains all around, and the camp is built on a rock outcropping into the salt water of the Inside Passage. You can only get there by a 3-hour boat ride.
I missed Greg and the kids so much! When I got home, Greg had nice welcome home signs for me all over the house. What a champ! Here are pics from the weekend...
1 comment:
I'm jealous! It sounds like you had a wonderful time!
Love,
Emily
Post a Comment