Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A typical stay-at-home-mom day....

Now that I am working part-time, I get 2.5 days a week where I am a stay-at-home mom. So, Tuesdays and Friday are precious days to me.... days where I just play with the kids and don't leave the house all day!

So, here are some of the things I usually do on my stay-at-home mom days:
- take the kids for a long walk in the stroller (they love this!)
- make my homemade baby food (yum - boiling sweet potatoes, mashing bananas, cooking brown rice, mashing pears, etc.)
- laundry, and more laundry.... and try to do other housework
- give the kids a bath, read stories, play with toys, sing songs, etc.
- do things like organize the nursery (today I put away all of their 3-6 month old clothes - so sad!)
- oh, and of course, feed the kids 5 times a day. They eat every 3 hours, like clockwork... and they love their milk and their baby food!


Other tidbits:
- The kids are eating a wider variety of food now; they eat lots of mashed veggies, plus fruits, and now grains like oatmeal and rice. Today Andrew was eyeing my PBJ with intense envy, so when he finally managed to swipe it, he squeezed it really hard and put it in his mouth. Jelly everywhere. :) Little Hailey LOVES bananas - she will refuse all other food when she is full, and then we give her a bite of bananas and she eats the whole jar!


- Here are some pics I took of the kids throughout the day today. Hailey has the most beautiful face and smile - she is so adorable to us. Andrew is so full of life and energy - he loves to play, jump around, and kick his legs. These are pics of a) Hails in her exersaucer walking around the kitchen b) on our daily walk c) lunchtime d) Andrew playing with his Magical Sounds piano, which he loves.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.