Friday, January 2, 2015

Mama’s new laundry room

Well, as most of you know, we remodeled every single room in this house before our kids arrived on the scene.  All of them except one:  our laundry room!  So, when the three kids returned to school in September, I took it upon myself to complete the remodeling of this house by gutting this room!  And voila… it is finally done!  I love it!  I think perhaps it might be my new favorite room in the house.  (Although I don’t think it will make me do any ironing!)

One goal was to add a large sink, which we didn’t have before.  So, in order to do that, we got a stacking W/D unit, so I was delighted to get that as a new upgrade.  Then I picked out new cabinets at Home Depot, and found a remnant piece of granite for the countertop.   My favorite piece of all has been the Lighted Mirror made by Electric Mirror, (which is the company where I have been consulting for the last two years).  We also got a new hot water heater (oh, joy), and put in new fake wood flooring that is lovely.   One additional feature I wanted was a place for the kids to hang their coats and backpacks, as they seemed to only drop those on the floor in the entry way.  So, that has worked out really well to have the set of hooks for the kids to use.

For those of you who have visited, you will also know that the back half of this room is our storage room.  Well, that has been pretty junky usually, but I organized that, got rid of lots of stuff, and now we have a large table set up for crafts.  It helps that we also got rid of the orange shag carpet that was in that half of the room.  Now it looks much more pulled together, and yes, I do want to hang out in here.  One final bonus of this laundry area is that we can use the sink/mirror as an extra space for guests to use, as the bathroom on the first floor is so small. 

So, come on over with a cup of coffee and we can hang out in my new laundry room.  Smile

IMG_6008

IMG_6007

IMG_6011

IMG_6012IMG_6013

IMG_6016

UGH – here is what it looked like before!  A big mess!    We actually covered up the window that was in here in order to make room for the W/D.   We also removed the built-in ironing board that was pretty old.

IMG_5721

IMG_5723

IMG_5724

No comments: