Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Jackie goes to the Dominican Republic

I had an amazing opportunity to visit the Dominican Republic for eight days with the organization called Children of the Nations.  This is a Christian non-profit org, and they do life-changing work for children in third world countries around the world.  My trip included 23 people, most of whom were doctors or nurses, and we did a medical mission trip to the Baharona region of the DR.  We ran a medical clinic for five days, and conducted almost 200 surgeries during that time. 


It was awesome to be part of this trip, and we saw many lives changed by the medical care.  Even though I am not medically trained, I was in the operating room most days, assisting with surgeries, which was fascinating.  I also spent one day in the village, offering basic medical care to people with illnesses and smaller sickness.  The whole trip was life-changing, and I am reminded again of how grateful I am for God’s grace and our wonderful blessed life here in Seattle!


008004012027033041045054089095103116132154160176177221226275297242256188281218

No comments: