Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hanging out at Cabin House

This week, we are hanging out in Whistler at our "cabin house."   The kids love it here, and for me, it gives me a sense of calmness that I don't get in Bellevue.  Our pace here is much slower, and we have lazy afternoons by the fire, reading books, playing games, and taking walks.  We sit in the hot tub, walk through the village, and enjoy a casual meal out.  It is good for our souls!   This week has been particularly special, as we have done lots of fun things with the kids.  Greta summed it up the first day when she looked at me and said, "Mom, I like this place!"

Another highlight for me was that last Saturday, I ran in the Whistler 50 Mile Relay.  It was an 8-man race, where each person ran 5-8 miles, and then passed the 'baton' to the next person.  It was a beautiful day, but only 29 degrees, with snow on the trail.  The most hilarious thing is that I got into this race as a substitue on a team of 8 firemen from Victoria!  It was a hoot!  One of them got injured, so someone asked me if I wanted to join the team.  I didn't know any of them, but they were so nice!  And I have a cool new hoodie!  You only live once, so I told myself I had to jump into this crazy race and do it.... there were a few thousand people running, all through beautiful trails in Whistler.  A great memory!!



















No comments: