Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Scottsdale Sunshine!!!

Last week, Greg and I had the fabulous privilege of going on vacation in Scottsdale, AZ! (Um, for those of you who do not have three toddlers at home... don't take going on vacation for granted!!)

Greg had a work mtg in Scottsdale, and his team of eight people decided that they wanted to invite all of the spouses to be part of this offsite mtg. Wow - was I grateful! So, I got to be part of several fun meals out on the town, plus a day of riding ATVs in the desert!

We absolutely loved riding the ATVs... we laughed the whole time. We even got to ride through rivers and such, and past a million giant cacti. It was great! Also, while Greg did have to work all day on Thursday, I enjoyed an entire day to myself (whoa - someone pinch me!) and I went for a fabulous hike to the top of Camelback Mountain in Phoenix. You can see pics of my hike below.

After the 2-day work event was over, Greg and I stayed Fri and Sat nights on our own. We played 18 holes of golf at the Fairmont TPC course, which was lovely. We loved the 75 degree sunshine we had all week while we were there, and spent a few afternoons sitting by the pool at the Fairmont. It was so good for our souls!!!

A huge thank you to Jenene and Robbie for watching our kids for a long weekend, and also to our nanny, Allison, who stayed over two nights. It was so fabulous! And thank you to Microsoft!











Here we are with Greg's boss, Jens and his wife Robin.











My hike up Camelback Mtn.... this was the trail... it was rugged!






We even flew over the Grand Canyon on the way down. So pretty!

No comments: