Thursday, October 22, 2009

The world's muddiest pumpkin patch

Today goes down in the history books as one of the worst outings with the kids yet! Oh, it wasn't that terrible.... but let's just say we found the MUDDIEST pumpkin patch ever!

I wanted to take the kids to a farm that has a "Farm Tots" hour that includes a hayride, activities, etc. Well, first, my GPS unit got me headed to the wrong location... and then I found a construction site that blocked the road for exactly 15 minutes (yes!, that long!). So, alas, we were too late to do the Farm Tots hour, and so we just explored the other activities on our own.

We have had a lot of rain lately, and so there was mud everywhere that was about 6 inches deep. The pictures below are in the only places in the farm where we could even stand. Andrew does not like being dirty at all, so he was not happy! I had Greta in the baby sling, and I was crossing my fingers that I wouldn't slip and fall into a big mud puddle. We did manage to visit all of the farm animals, climb on the hay bales, and hug a few pumpkins. Hailey lhas such an adventuresome spirit, and she loved it; the mud didn't slow her down at all.

I ended the event with the classic 'Mom move' of making my kids take off all of their clothes before they got in the car. At least they aren't old enough to remember that... but they loved riding home in the car seats naked!



"Mom... I do NOT like mud"



This was about 30 seconds after we got out of the car... it got much worse after that!



"What the heck is a gourd??"

I am bound and determined to turn Hailey into a horse-lover like I am!

No comments: